Advantages and Disadvantages of Milk are diverse. But before coming to this topic, we should be familiar with milk. Milk is a white liquid made by the mammals to feed their offspring. It has a grand history as milk is in use for 7000 years. During its early era, People who don’t take enough sunshine were advised to drink milk to compensate vitamin D. It is a huge source of all the essential nutrients this the reason doctor’s advice to drink one glass daily to get all the benefits and advantages of milk. Do you know that it contains 3.2 g of protein, 4.8g of carbohydrates, 3.3g of fat, 0.08g of omega 3 and 0.12g of omega6. There are some adverse effects of milk too. Let’s consider all the Advantages and Disadvantages of Milk.
What are the Advantages of Milk?
The first advantages of milk are that, it is a rich source of calcium and vitamin D. Both calcium and vitamins D are the primary sources for healthy and strong bones as they prevent from osteoporosis. Research says “99% of calcium stores in bones and teeth”.
- It contains all the useful nutrients such as vitamin D, Calcium, Vitamin K and phosphorus that are responsible for healthy bones especially adults.
- Drinking milk is also benefits to prevent from the bone fracture.
As milk is a rich source of calcium, so it ultimately strengthens the teeth. It should keep in mind that calcium does not absorb directly. It takes calcium to when there is Vitamin D. Good news is that water is rich in both components.
- Milk provides calcium to the teeth and thus prevents them from decaying.
- Milk also prevents from the cavities.
Drinking milk is an excellent practice for weight loss. Drink a glass of milk in breakfast and use it as snacks on a daily basis. Recent research with 145 children showed that drinking milk reduces the chances of obesity in children.
- Milk contains many nutrients that help in rapid weight loss.
- As it is a rich source of protein, so it gives the feeling of fuller throughout the day.
- Drinking milk during breakfast will boost the metabolism and imparts energy to the body.
Improves Heart Health:
As we know that milk is a huge source of calcium. Drink cow milk as it is a rich source of potassium
- According to research, the calcium is a crucial component to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and heart attack.
- Potassium and Calcium present in milk improves cardiovascular system and reduce stress.
- According to a recent study, those who consume 4000+ mg of milk every day will have 49% lesser chances of heart attack.
Protein is in abundant in milk and protein is the main component for muscle building. Protein helps muscles to grow faster. Along with the muscle building, milk is the best remedy for muscle soreness too. This is the reason most of the athlete drink milk to after their workout.
What are the Disadvantages of Milk?
Although milk is very popular and it is part of many healthy recipes. At one side if it has many advantages on the other hand there are some disadvantages of milk too. Let’s read the disadvantages now;
Breast and Colorectal Cancer:
Most of the farmer or dairy units put Harmon’s in their fodder to increase the milk production. But these Harmon become the reason for breast and colorectal cancer. Not only these diseases it may be the cause of many other infections for children.
Cow milk contains lactose. It is challenging to digest lactose, so it causes many health-related issues such as nausea, gas, bloating and Diarrhea.
Many studies proved that drinking milk triggers acne. If you are getting acne after drinking milk, then you should perhaps avoid it.
An abrupt change in blood pressure is the leading reason for hypertension. Hypertension is closely related to cardiovascular diseases. Some recent studies showed that drinking cow milk might increase the blood pressure.
Well every drink either it is natural or artificial have both advantages and disadvantages. Well say something about our article of “Advantages and Disadvantages of Milk” and write your comments in below comment box. If you have in mind any good ideas or negative effects of Milk. So don’t hesitate to tell us.