There are many Advantages and Disadvantages of Video Games. If you desire to improve your thinking and decision-making abilities, then start playing new video games that would help you to constantly be on the edge of making your next moves. By constantly having your decision-making power sharpened through playing new games, you will increase your productivity at all levels of your daily life. The more you play video games, the better you’ll become in them.
Video games can have great disadvantages as you can find a list of disadvantages of video games here. You will be able to tell that these advantages and disadvantages of video games are not actually good or bad, but more of an advantage of having such a game and disadvantage of being without it.
What are the Advantages of Video Games?
- The best advantage of playing video games is the chance to interact with other people. If you happen to meet a person while playing video games, you will be able to share the experience. This will also enable you to form new relationships with people who are similar to you. In fact, video games are considered an excellent learning tool. It is a good way to familiarize yourself with new subjects and to hone your knowledge of those subjects.
- A video game can also help you improve your memory. Games such as the Super Mario Bros series teach you how to manipulate characters, use objects, and solve puzzles. These are things you’ll have to learn when you are young, and thus will help to develop your memory. If you’re playing something that is not too challenging, you may develop a quick recall for these skills.
- The more you play a video game, the better you will become at playing them. While playing games you will also be exposed to new genres. You can play games such as racing games or shooting games if you wish to sharpen your shooting skills, or you could choose to play a game that is more focused on puzzles.
- One of the most exciting advantages of playing a video game is that it is free. You don’t have to spend any money to have fun and be entertained at the same time. Many people enjoy this free entertainment and they will continue to do so even if they are employed. So, by playing the right kind of video game, you will find that playing video gaming becomes an addiction itself.
- If you decide to play video games with someone else, you will be able to communicate with him or her. In fact, you will begin to speak in person and use the same body language. Which is used in video chatting. Thus you will develop a deeper relationship with other people and you may develop the ability to converse easily in both English and Spanish.
- Video games also give you the opportunity to learn about other cultures. They help you develop the ability to read foreign languages. As we all know, learning a second language is crucial in today’s modern world. However, there is no need for you to study Spanish or French in order to be able to understand foreign languages. You’ll get an opportunity to read, hear, and speak in these languages.
- When playing a video game, you will be exposed to many new types of people. This is because people are not always the same as in real life. In fact, you will meet people from all around the world. So you will get an opportunity to interact with people from all over the world and meet new friends.
- One of the major advantages of video games is that they improve your mental health. People who are constantly playing video games tend to be more active and they are not lazy.
- Another advantage of video games is that it increases the flexibility of the mind. So, by playing video games, you will be able to cope up with any situation and solve problems in less time. This is especially true if you play video games when you are facing some sort of problem or pressure.
- The main advantage of playing video games is that you can have fun while playing them. These two factors together mean that the game has two different benefits.
What are the disadvantages of video games?
- Physical Changes – Playing games for extended periods of time can slow down the brain’s normal growth. There are many games that facilitate brain development in a similar manner, yet playing video games for several hours a day and repeatedly can cause a significant slowdown in brain growth. If your child is one of those who has played too much too soon, check with your physician and try to find out what the reason behind this is.
- Irritability – Many games today, such as the ones that feature violence, have been found to be extremely addictive and can lead to emotional problems for some children. These games are not a good alternative to having fun with the family because they may cause anger and frustration, even if there are no physical changes in the body. These games also have a tendency to cause hyperactivity in children. Make sure your child knows that the games he or she plays are meant for fun only and that you expect them to come home after playing games, still having a positive attitude.
- Video addiction – Video games can cause addiction in children and adults. Although some games that have become addictive have shown promise in helping people to improve their attention span, others can cause these individuals to lose concentration and focus, making the individual more susceptible to accidents, as well as mood swings.
- Gaming addiction – Many parents have had success in teaching their children to be more focused and organized by allowing them to play video games. Although the parents can enjoy some benefits from such games, the main benefit is that the child will have something more constructive to do while playing and is able to concentrate on the game. Games that are designed with educational purposes in mind can help your child focus better and be more responsible while using the computer. Still not just game addiction but any kind of addiction is bad as there is this famous saying that excess of everything is bad.
- Depression – While playing these video games may seem to provide an escape from reality and provide your child with a sense of accomplishment, many psychologists have found that many of these games actually have negative impacts on the brain, causing depression. They can decrease the amount of oxygen that is used in the brain cells and cause brain activity to decrease and slow.
- Memory loss – One of the biggest disadvantages of video games is that children tend to remember less, even though they are using memory games. The mind remembers the things that were learned while playing the game, which makes these games a poor choice for educational purposes, and therefore are better avoided.
- Video games are great, but you will want to choose the games that are right for your child. Research the different types to see which ones your child likes, and allow them to play them for a period of time before deciding if they are good options for the age and level of learning.
As mentioned previously, there are also many disadvantages of video games in that they can cause mood swings and depression, which is why you will want to make sure your child is happy and interested in what they are playing. If they show interest in one type of game and then don’t show interest in another, you should consider making changes, or removing it from their gaming schedule altogether.
You will also want to consider how long your child has been playing video games. There are games designed for older children, which do not contain graphics, which allow them to make noises or use facial expressions when they play. This is a wonderful way to encourage your child to play.
To avoid these disadvantages of video games, you will want to make sure that you know how to properly educate yourself about them and make decisions accordingly. You can do this by reading reviews, asking your friends and family, and doing research online
Video games are good as well as bad for your kids and if you play yourself, the same applies for you as well. You have to be punctual in every matter of your life and so applies for your video game scheduling. I am not saying you do not have to play video games at all, you should there are advantages to playing video games too as well but there should be a limit to your gaming period and you should take care of your health, especially your brain’s health.