There are many Advantages and Disadvantages of Video Games. If you desire to improve your thinking and decision-making abilities, then start playing new video games that would help you to constantly be on the edge of making your next moves. By constantly having your decision-making power sharpened through playing new computer games, you will increase your productivity at all levels of your daily life. The more you play video games, the better you’ll become in them.
Video games can have great disadvantages as you can find a list of disadvantages of video games here. You will be able to tell that these advantages and disadvantages of video games are not actually good or bad, but more of an advantage of having such a game and disadvantage of being without it.
What are the Advantages of Video Games?
- The best advantage of playing video games is the chance to interact with other people. If you happen to meet a person while playing video games, you will be able to share the experience. This will also enable you to form new relationships with people who are similar to you. In fact, video games are considered an excellent learning tool. It is a good way to familiarize yourself with new subjects and to hone your knowledge of those subjects.
- A video game can also help you improve your memory. Games such as the Super Mario Bros series teach you how to manipulate characters, use objects, and solve puzzles. These are things you’ll have to learn when you are young, and thus will help to develop your memory. If you’re playing something that is not too challenging, you may develop a quick recall for these skills.
- The more you play a video game, the better you will become at playing them. While playing games you will also be exposed to new genres. You can play games such as racing games or shooting games if you wish to sharpen your shooting skills, or you could choose to play a game that is more focused on puzzles.
- One of the most exciting advantages of playing a video game is that it is free. You don’t have to spend any money to have fun and be entertained at the same time. Many people enjoy this free entertainment and they will continue to do so even if they are employed. So, by playing the right kind of video game, you will find that playing video gaming becomes an addiction itself.
- If you decide to play video games with someone else, you will be able to communicate with him or her. In fact, you will begin to speak in person and use the same body language. Which is used in video chatting. Thus you will develop a deeper relationship with other people and you may develop the ability to converse easily in both English and Spanish.
- Video games also give you the opportunity to learn about other cultures. They help you develop the ability to read foreign languages. As we all know, learning a second language is crucial in today’s modern world. However, there is no need for you to study Spanish or French in order to be able to understand foreign languages. You’ll get an opportunity to read, hear, and speak in these languages.
- When playing a video game, you will be exposed to many new types of people. This is because people are not always the same as in real life. In fact, you will meet people from all around the world. So you will get an opportunity to interact with people from all over the world and meet new friends.
- One of the major advantages of video games is that they improve your mental health. People who are constantly playing video games tend to be more active and they are not lazy.
- Another advantage of video games is that it increases the flexibility of the mind. So, by playing video games, you will be able to cope up with any situation and solve problems in less time. This is especially true if you play video games when you are facing some sort of problem or pressure.
- The main advantage of playing video games is that you can have fun while playing them. These two factors together mean that the game has two different benefits.
What are the disadvantages of video games?
- Physical Changes – Playing games for extended periods of time can slow down the brain’s normal growth. There are many games that facilitate brain development in a similar manner, yet playing video games for several hours a day and repeatedly can cause a significant slowdown in brain growth. If your child is one of those who has played too much too soon, check with your physician and try to find out what the reason behind this is.
- Irritability – Many games today, such as the ones that feature violence, have been found to be extremely addictive and can lead to emotional problems for some children. These games are not a good alternative to having fun with the family because they may cause anger and frustration, even if there are no physical changes in the body. These games also have a tendency to cause hyperactivity in children. Make sure your child knows that the games he or she plays are meant for fun only and that you expect them to come home after playing games, still having a positive attitude.
- Video addiction – Video games can cause addiction in children and adults. Although some games that have become addictive have shown promise in helping people to improve their attention span, others can cause these individuals to lose concentration and focus, making the individual more susceptible to accidents, as well as mood swings.
- Gaming addiction – Many parents have had success in teaching their children to be more focused and organized by allowing them to play video games. Although the parents can enjoy some benefits from such games, the main benefit is that the child will have something more constructive to do while playing and is able to concentrate on the game. Games that are designed with educational purposes in mind can help your child focus better and be more responsible while using the computer. Still not just game addiction but any kind of addiction is bad as there is this famous saying that excess of everything is bad.
- Depression – While playing these video games may seem to provide an escape from reality and provide your child with a sense of accomplishment, many psychologists have found that many of these games actually have negative impacts on the brain, causing depression. They can decrease the amount of oxygen that is used in the brain cells and cause brain activity to decrease and slow.
- Memory loss – One of the biggest disadvantages of video games is that children tend to remember less, even though they are using memory games. The mind remembers the things that were learned while playing the game, which makes these games a poor choice for educational purposes, and therefore are better avoided.
- Video games are great, but you will want to choose the games that are right for your child. Research the different types to see which ones your child likes, and allow them to play them for a period of time before deciding if they are good options for the age and level of learning.
As mentioned previously, there are also many disadvantages of video games in that they can cause mood swings and depression, which is why you will want to make sure your child is happy and interested in what they are playing. If they show interest in one type of game and then don’t show interest in another, you should consider making changes, or removing it from their gaming schedule altogether.
You will also want to consider how long your child has been playing video games. There are games designed for older children, which do not contain graphics, which allow them to make noises or use facial expressions when they play. This is a wonderful way to encourage your child to play.
To avoid these disadvantages of video games, you will want to make sure that you know how to properly educate yourself about them and make decisions accordingly. You can do this by reading reviews, asking your friends and family, and doing research online
Video games are good as well as bad for your kids and if you play yourself, the same applies for you as well. You have to be punctual in every matter of your life and so applies for your video game scheduling. I am not saying you do not have to play video games at all, you should there are advantages to playing video games too as well but there should be a limit to your gaming period and you should take care of your health, especially your brain’s health.
How are broadcast TV and Cable TV Different?
Cable TV and broadcast are different mindsets in the television industry. Both of them differ in how one perceives entertainment through television. There are many instances where the FCC restricts either of them while the other may be doing the same thing. There are different generalizations regarding both of them. For instance, it is true that cable TV costs more but has more to offer. You get diverse channel lineups and whatnot.
The differentiating feature between these two is the way we get the service. Out of these, the broadcast is somewhat primate. The signals travel with the help of radio waves. There is limited programming. You get the basic channels like CW, CBS, ABC, and FOX. All you need is a single antenna to access these channels. However, their industry is changing as more and more people use cable and satellite to get the TV service.
Cable providers have a complex coaxial cable infrastructure to transmit the signals. The consumers have to pay a fixed monthly fee. The average amount is $60 to $120 per month. Broadcast TV started in the 1940s and is somehow an outdated technology. Back in the day, it made it to a bigger audience. The source of revenue was advertisements and this stream of the revenue made it more prominent.
Nature of Shows
Cable TV has unlimited shows belonging to different genres. There are some exciting stories to watch on the screen. Broadcast TV has a different kinds of shows. The stories are shorter and the plots are similar. Nevertheless, the focus is entirely on the narrative that compels us to think beyond the realms of our minds.
There is a huge difference in the advertisement when it comes to cable and broadcast TV. Both of them have a unique set of audiences. If you are a basic user, you might find a lot of similarities in these ads. In reality, they have many differences. The ads you see on the broadcast TV are strategically placed for a larger audience. For example, if someone is running for President, they’d want their message and manifesto to reach a greater audience nationwide. Therefore, the most preferable way of communication will be broadcast. Many of these channels are commercial in nature and get their funding from donations as well.
As we already know that cable TV offers extensive services nationwide. Mediacom is a top provider when it comes to cable. It is available in many states. The coverage is extensive. You get all your favorite channels in the lineup. If there is an issue with the service, Mediacom customer service is efficient in handling those issues. The only problem is that there are areas where this coaxial infrastructure cannot reach. Therefore, cable TV has limited coverage. The only Spectrum has coverage in 42 states, making it one of the largest cable service providers.
The world is changing so is the TV industry. Now, we cannot resort to the traditional TV service. This is where the premium channels come in. These channels offer advertisement-free programming. There are separate charges for these channels and they are available as add-ons. However, you get the best content available on TV without any advertisements.
Cable TV has a bigger challenge than broadcast. Streaming services are starting to kick in. Broadcast TV was never its competition. Cable TV offers tons of features. Cable or HD boxes are advanced and let you record all the popular shows. You can access the on-demand libraries as well containing all the popular movies and TV series. Broadcast does not have these features included.
Streaming services are starting to take over. The ever-increasing price of cable TV has forced consumers to switch to cheaper means of communication. Therefore, you will find everyone getting streaming services. Although they don’t have the channels that cable TV offers, they cost less than an average cable TV bill. Most importantly, these streaming platforms are quite convenient. There are no ads, no charges for the equipment, and most importantly, no contracts. However, many people still prefer it because of the diverse channel lineups. Cable TV is changing with the pressure from cord-cutting movement.
Top Four Website Builders for New Online Shop Owners
Starting Your Own Online Shop? Consider These Top Four Website Builders
With your own ecommerce site, you can reach more customers and give your brand the attention it deserves. Whether you have a brick-and-mortar shop, an ecommerce website can establish your business online. Many small to medium-sized businesses exist alongside big-name companies, getting a larger slice of the pie with ecommerce.
So why not take advantage of the benefits of having an ecommerce website? As reported by Pranjal Bora of Digital Authority Partners, if your business benefits from online sales, then you need an online shop.
You have two options: hire a web developer to create your ecommerce website or rely on DIY software. We will highlight DIY website creation options with our top four platforms.
The Top Four Website Builders for Ecommerce Businesses This 2022
Website builders are designed for easy use. You can have your website ready within the day most of the time. If you want to DIY your ecommerce website creation, consider these top four website builder platforms available today:
You can’t talk about ecommerce without talking about Shopify. This software lets you create a shopping site tailored to your brand’s needs. Shopify has an online store builder filled with templates, making it easy to start building your website. No matter what type of business you have, there is a template that will work best for you.
Shopify is currently the most popular shopping site builder used by more than a million online stores. It also comes with features such as marketing resources, SEO, shopping carts, mobile shopping features, and more. You might not be sure yet whether Shopify is for you; you can take advantage of its 14-day free trial.
- Comes with 100+ professional-looking shopping site templates that are easy to customize
- Allows your customers to use their credit cards for payment
- Offers an easy-to-use shopping cart
- Offers web hosting and unlimited bandwidth
- Comes with SEO features and social media integration
- Allows you to add inventory and product sale prices
- Fits all ecommerce businesses, from beginners to experts
- Offers marketing apps for easy conversion, product features, customer retention, and many more
- Flexibility and ease of use
- All-in-one ecommerce solution
- Practicality and cost efficiency
- Easy product inventory
- Responsive customer support
- Strong Shopify community where you can get timely assistance
- Versatile solution—works for people looking for an enterprise shopping solution
- Basic plan for new ecommerce businesses for $29 per month
- Regular plan for $79 per month
- Advanced plan for $299 per month
- 14-day free trial even without a credit card
Bigcommerce is a helpful ecommerce website with integrated SEO tools. You can rank higher on search engines without paying extra for SEO. It also has a shopping cart that takes care of customer payments.
Aside from marketing tools, Bigcommerce also has conversion tools that help you promote your products or services online. Just like Shopify, Bigcommerce has a free trial period. You can always change your mind if you think this shopping site builder is not for you.
- Provides SEO tools for easy search engine ranking
- Helps you promote your brand with conversion tools
- Offers marketing tools for all types of businesses
- Provides a secure payment gateway for customers
- Provides website analytic tools
- One of the easiest shopping website builders
- All-in-one solution for shopping, marketing, payments, analytics, and more
- Easy credit-card processing through PayPal
- Availability as an enterprise ecommerce solution
- Easy configuration to fit any business
- Flexible payment options
- Standard plan for $29.95 per month
- Plus plan for $79.95 per month
- Pro plan for $299.95 per month
- Enterprise solutions are available, but you need to contact sales
- 15-day free trial
Another popular ecommerce builder software is Wix. The most remarkable thing about Wix is that you can create an ecommerce site in just a few minutes! Even people who have never used this website builder find it easy to navigate and work with their brands.
Wix offers a lot of templates, so it’s easy to find the one that matches your business. All you need to do is to click the template and apply it to your ecommerce site.
- Allows you to set up your ecommerce site in just a few minutes
- Offers drag-and-drop capabilities
- Has available customer service 24/7
- Offers accessible mobile ecommerce site features
- Offers attractive templates to fit your needs
- Ease of use
- Affordable plans
- Mobile ecommerce availability
- Simple site design tools using templates
- VIP plan for $12.25 per month with first-priority support
- Unlimited plan for $6.25 per month for entrepreneurs and freelancers
- Combo plan for $8.50 per month for personal use
- Connect Domain plan for $4.50 per month, basic Wix plan
- Free templates, unlimited website pages, and hosting
Weebly is another powerful ecommerce website creation software often compared to Wix. But there are many differences when it comes to features and pricing.
Aside from the usual ecommerce website features, Weebly allows you to set tax rates per location. This is often overlooked in many ecommerce platforms. You can get fresh ideas from the Weebly blog, which helps with content marketing. Weebly also comes with SEO features, so it’s easier to rank your website online.
- Allows users to set up tax rates for every location
- Offers an integrated blog
- Comes with SEO features to help you rank higher on search engines
- Easy to use
- Versatile and scalable
- Connect plan for $5 per month for annual subscriptions
- Pro plan for $12 per month for annual subscriptions
- Business plan for $25 per month for annual subscriptions
- Basic use plan—free
These four ecommerce website builders will help you start your online shopping business right away. Because these are DIY builders, you don’t need to pay if you don’t plan to hire website development help to have a professional-looking site. Make sure to weigh in on software features, advantages, disadvantages, and plan pricing before deciding.
8 Steps To Host A Successful Online Virtual Event
In 2020, it was impossible to hold any public gatherings, and all sorts of events were cancelled, such as festivals, parties, and weddings. The good news is that the cancelled events soon became online, allowing people to catch up virtually. Now that businesses have caught on to this trend, they are slowly phasing out traditional networking events and replacing them with virtual ones.
So if you’re thinking of hosting your next virtual event online, planning it is easy if you follow these simple steps!
60 minutes | Ideal duration
An hour-long virtual event is ideal for getting the maximum level of satisfaction. It is crucial to ensure that the audience is engaged and that the performance is worth the time. If it goes too long, viewers will lose interest. Avoid this by planning around a 60-minute timeframe.
Plan an interacting and engaging event
A successful virtual event is characterized by the engagement of the host as well as the guests. Planning makes the process easier as DJ Will Gill’s brilliant idea of using a raffle wheel during virtual events was well received by clients.
Never underestimate the power of adding a little variety to your plan. For example, Zoom has all sorts of ways to make planning your next “live” event exciting. You can use its Spotlight feature to create small group discussions with an interactive poll or Q&A directly from your screen! This will help keep people engaged and ensure your viewers aren’t checking their watch every five minutes. If you and your team want to engage in breakout sessions during large-scale corporate events, try adding some fun activities that get everyone involved.
Stick to the nature of event
We are living in a pandemic. There have been countless consequences to what has happened to our planet. Trying to think a virtual event is better than an in-person live event is quite a social faux pas. Instead, call your virtual event precisely what it is: an online virtual event. That is to say, don’t try and call too much attention to any specific event more than any other.
Host the event on a popular platform
Hosting your event on a popular platform will help you get more attendees. There have been a lot of virtual event platforms introduced in recent years, especially Zoom and Instagram Live are mainstream options for hosting an event. Furthermore, There are a number of other emerging platforms, such as Wondershare, Streamyard, and Airmeet, for which an end-user must be tech-savvy to utilize
7 minutes psychology
DJ Will Gill’s famous 7 minutes psychology was acknowledged and featured in The Wall Street Journal.
DJ Will Gill believes that each act and segment should be kept within seven minutes for optimum engagement in order to avoid viewers checking their watches every five minutes
If you have used Kahoot, you know how much fun it is. However, It is a fact that if you want to keep virtual event users most engaged, you need to include some sort of reward for staying on screen. DJ Will Gill uses Kahoot trivia to motivate viewers during the virtual event as another valuable addition.
Ensure your guest speaker is prepared
To avoid any inconvenience, keep the guest speakers on schedule. Do Provide them with pre-determined questions, and keep their topics brief and descriptive. When the guests have submitted their questions in advance, Q&A sessions work best, and audience members feel a sense of participation. Not to mention less improvisation is better.
DJ Will Gill’s most events include a guest speaker. He has recently collaborated with Steve Harvey for a corporate event.
Establish a virtual tech team
A lot is going on backstage. Don’t try to handle everything on your own. Get the best partners to handle the technical tasks to ensure a seamless event. DJ Will Gill mentioned the importance of having a tech team or at least two members to take care of the guest list, notify essential details, and provide chat support. The team is also responsible for running the spotlight, screen sharing, and resolving viewers’ queries. This keeps the host focused on the event rather than dealing with minor problems.
You want an interactive and engaging event. This can be tricky, but the event doesn’t have to overwhelm you with the proper planning! Keep the virtual event to 60 minutes timeframe with segments no longer than 7 minutes. This goes for virtual corporate events and online Corporate DJ parties. Make sure everyone is informed, well-rehearsed, scheduled, and on time. If prizes are included, expect a high turnout because viewers will be more engaged and likely stay longer! Need someone who can help plan out your event? Contact us! We’ll be happy to help with suggestions and ideas
Tech12 months ago
6 Tips to Improving E-Commerce Websites
Home2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of Village Life in Points
Travel2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantage of Travelling
Tech2 years ago
Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Offline Shopping
Tech2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of Globalization Full Essay
Tech2 years ago
8+ Advantages and Disadvantages of Motorcycle |Having Bike
Tech2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of PDF File Format
Travel1 year ago
Advantages & Disadvantages of City Life Living Essay