In the CBSE Class 10 curriculum, English is considered the most important language and subject that students can’t ignore in any situation. Having command of this language can help you to stand out from the rest of the people out there in the world and build your identity. Many students in class 10 are unable to understand this subject despite knowing its importance.
Generally, they don’t focus on grammar as they don’t know the fact that it is the highest-scoring section in the English question paper that might help them to score full marks in the board exams.
If you want to get the highest scores in your English exam, keep reading the article as we’ll be discussing some useful tricks to reach your goal.
Know The Exam Pattern of Class 10 English Question Paper
When you are preparing for the class 10 English exam, first know its exam paper pattern. Here’s the pattern explained in detail.
The English question paper is distributed into four sections. Each section is of 20 marks.
- Section A- It includes comprehension, unseen passages and poems where students have to write the answers based on them. This section is added to the question paper to check the comprehension capabilities of the students.
- Section B- This section comprises writing skills where students have to write content on various genres like an essay, letter, notice or article.
- Section C- This portion contains questions related to grammar. The section tests your grammar skills through writing the correct answers of punctuation, synonyms, tenses, and translation.
- Section D- Includes questions based on textbook chapters and poems. It covers problems mentioned in the Class 10 English First Flight book.
Understand The Marking Scheme of The English Question Paper
Knowing the marking scheme can be helpful for students as it is formulated in such a manner that assists them to score high marks easily. According to the CBSE guidelines, the marking scheme of the question paper is
- Section A (Comprehension)- 15 marks.
- Reading-20 marks.
- Literature and supplementary- 20 marks.
- Grammar- 15 marks
- Speaking and listening- 10 marks
- Assessment- 20 marks
Plan Section-Wise Strategy
While attempting the question paper, you must make a strategy in your mind on how you are going to solve the paper or which section you want to attempt first. Here’s a brief explanation of different sections in the question paper.
Section A (Reading)
- It builds comprehension and reading skills.
- Read all the passages thoroughly and try to catch the central theme of these passages.
- Detect other important aspects of the passages.
- Try to attempt all questions whether you know their answers or not. Leaving questions won’t help you anyway.
- Try to write answers to the questions in your own words to make them look original. This can impress the examiner who might give you good marks.
- Enrich your vocabulary so you can understand the correct sense of the question. If you’re unable to understand the meaning of a particular word then try to relate that word to the context given.
Section B (Writing)
- Carefully write the format of letters, essays, notices to improve your marks. Following the correct format will give you full scores without any extra hard work.
- Have a crystal clear understanding of writing letters and articles. You should know how to start writing them, what to write in the body and the conclusion.
- Carve a story by reading the given outlines to write the relevant content. Don’t write unnecessary things.
- Plan and organise content with grammatical accuracy. Use appropriate words to make your content look good.
Section C (Grammar)
- Understand each grammar topic clearly. Know its rules and regulations to avoid mistakes.
- Solve the grammar-related passages only when you have read them properly and understood their meaning. Don’t fill in the blanks without having an idea of what you are writing.
- Carefully read the words and phrases to write grammatically correct sentences.
Section D (Literature)
- Prepare every lesson given in the textbook thoroughly. Read, understand and memorize every line of the chapter carefully.
- Don’t forget to learn the names of the chapters along with their authors with accurate spellings.
- Understand and learn the basic concept or the central idea of every chapter.
- Write your answers based on interpretation, inference and comprehension.
- Identify the phrases or words from which chapter they have been taken and try to understand their sense. And identify the speaker.
- Write grammatically correct answers with 100% accuracy. Use relevant words and write the correct spellings to make a good impression on the examiner.
Section-Wise Time Management
During your exam, it is important to manage time so you can complete writing your paper on time. Here’s how you can distribute your total writing time into different sections.
Try to complete both passages in 40 minutes. This is the time for you to read passages along with writing their answers.
In the writing section, you will be asked to complete two questions only. Each question carries 20 marks. Try to finish this section in 40 minutes.
In the grammar section, you must complete three questions in 10 to 15 minutes.
This section is quite a time consuming one. Attempt to complete all the literature-based questions in the following format.
- Complete one passage from the textbook in 10 minutes.
- Write answers to the five short questions in 30 minutes.
- Finish one long question asked from the textbook in 10 minutes. This question carries 8 marks.
- Attempt one long question from the novel in 10 to 15 minutes. Attempting this question can help you to get 10 marks.
Go Through The Sample Papers
The best way to prepare yourself for the exams is to practice lots of sample question papers. Try to solve at least one question paper in a single day, nearly 30 days before the exam. Practising sample papers will give you a realistic feel of attempting the actual question paper in the exam hall.
If you follow the given tricks thoroughly, you’ll surely be able to score good marks in class 10 English exam.
Five Ways to Show Gratitude to Your Elderly Parents
As our parents grow older it is natural to reflect on all they have done for us. From changing diapers and cleaning bloodied knees to supporting us through college, the love parents show is like no other. Wanting to show gratitude is a natural response. Here are five ways you can give thanks.
Flowers are a traditional way to show gratitude, having been gifted since the Middle Ages. For elderly parents who may be less mobile than they once were, flowers can brighten up a room and bring the outside into their home. Opt for their favorites or choose classics such as roses or chrysanthemums.
A Home-Cooked Meal
It’s likely your parents prepared many meals for you over the years, so why not turn the tables and make a tasty meal for them? Enjoy family favorites or try something new based on their tastes. Food that can be batch cooked is a great idea as a portion can be frozen for another day. If cooking isn’t your forte, baking can be a good alternative with cakes and cookies ideal for those with a sweet tooth.
If your parents enjoy day trips, taking them out can be a fun experience for everyone. Be mindful of their limitations and plan ahead so you have strategies to face any potential challenges such as accessibility. Whether it’s a visit to the beach, an evening at the theatre, or a meal out at a well-loved restaurant, treating your parents is a great way to show how thankful you are for all they’ve done. Best of all, it is a perfect way to make new family memories that can be treasured forever. Don’t forget to take plenty of photographs!
As parents get older, they may find everyday tasks more of a challenge. Help them remain independent by sourcing items that can assist them such as handrails and swapping fiddly gadgets for simpler alternatives (such as TV remote controls and phones with larger buttons). If staying in their own home is too much for them, it may be time to consider a move. A community such as Bridgewater assisted living can give your parents a new lease of life as well as offering you the reassurance that they are safe and cared for.
Write a Letter
It can be hard to find the right words to show how grateful you are, which is why writing a letter can be an easier option than having a conversation. Think about what you want to say and speak from the heart – it is the sentiment that matters, not the vocabulary or punctuation. A letter can be treasured and looked back at time and again, so write to tell your parents how much you care, and they can reread it in years to come.
However you choose to show your parents how appreciative you are, take time to give them a hug, too. Savor the moment and say two simple words – ‘thank you’.
Top Tips For Starting College
Are you about to start college? This will be an exciting and key experience in your life, so you want to make sure that you really make the most out of it. Obviously, starting college is primarily about studying and developing the skills needed to go on and find success in your chosen field, but you will find that college is also a lot about growing up and becoming an adult. This can be a defining period in your life and this post will offer a few tips that should come in useful for new college students so that you can get settled, and find success.
Get Involved Early On
One of the most important tips is to get involved early on. This is a fresh start for you and you will find it much easier to settle when you get involved with everything, including participating in classes, joining clubs and societies, and making new friends. Keep in mind that it can be hard to break out of old habits, so it is important to start off on the right foot and be proactive when you start college.
Many new college students struggle to adapt when they start college, which often comes down to time management. For many people, this will be their first time living away from home so it can be a shock to the system and hard to keep on top of everything. Set yourself a schedule that prioritizes your studies so that you can fit everything else around it, such as cooking, cleaning, reading, socializing and hobbies.
Take Notes & Review
When starting a new course, you need to get organized and pay attention throughout. It is important to take notes throughout the term but also to review these notes after each lecture or class and again throughout term. This will help you to absorb the information and really make the most out of your learning experiences. If you are ever struggling, you should reach out and ask for help from your tutor or a fellow student.
Look After Yourself
Starting college can be stressful and difficult, especially if this is your first time away from home. It can also be a fun and exciting time, and a great chance to make new friends and have new experiences. You need to get the balance right between studies and having fun as well as know how to look after yourself properly. This will include taking breaks from studying, eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and regular exercise.
You Can Transfer
It is also important to be aware that you can transfer if you find that it is not a good fit for you. Many students end up transferring to a different college and this could be for any number of reasons. Visit CampusReel to learn what the requirements are to transfer to a college like the University of Alabama.
Hopefully, these tips will come in handy for new college students and help you to find success, and enjoy your time at college.
Why Content Moderation is Important?
Content moderation is the most effective way to ensure the quality of your business website or social profile. It helps you in maintaining the standard for your business. Most brands allow user-generated content. If they leave this content unchecked, it can also be dangerous for their businesses.
So, it is better to hire a professional content moderator who will keenly observe the content, including videos, images, and user comments, and allow only content that will positively affect your business. It will also help keep a record of customers’ reviews and suggest a better plan to satisfy these users. As a result, your business will grow within days.
Importance of Content Moderation
From the discussion above, you can imagine the importance of content moderation. To know its importance in detail, look at the points given below.
1. Protect your Business
It is confirmed that all user-generated content will be posted on your platform following the guidelines you have set for your business. So, if someone posts undesirable content, which can harm your business, the moderator will first review it and didn’t allow it to upload. This way, you can protect your business from spam.
2. Increase the Website Traffic
When you go with website content moderation provider, they try to write the content user-friendly, and give the solution to increase web traffic, then users will interact with you, and finally, traffic to your website will increase. Google also likes such a website that provides quality content and solves the user’s problems. As a result, it gives you a push and ranks higher.
3. Protect your Community
Your running customers are a great source of success for your business. So, you must provide them with the content that they need. Suppose someone uploads the offensive or abusive content; they will not wait for a minute and leave the platform. So, never keep unchecked uploading content on your website. Must set guidelines about the content uploading, and if someone violates these guidelines, then block them instantly.
4. Increase the Sales
If one of your clients gives a positive review related to your product, it is evident that other users will interact and raise some questions related to it. Now, you must answer all their queries. If you get their satisfaction, they will convert and buy your product, and your sales will increase. This way, you can also maximize your profit very efficiently. Keep in mind that this is the most effective way to win users’ trust, whihc never buy your product in the past. So, you can get positive reviews when you provide outstanding services to your clients.
5. Identify the User Behavior
Content Moderation is also a great source to detect the user’s behavior. The content moderator will keep an eye on comments and posts generated by the customers. Through these posts, you can take an idea of what users demand. So, give some offers and discounts according to demand and get benefited. All the successful brands apply this tactic to generate more sales. So, please don’t take it late and do work properly.
I hope after reading the upper paragraphs, and now you’re well aware of the importance of content moderation. It not only helps you in controlling the spammy posts but also helps your growing business. Most importantly, your customer will remain in touch with you. These users will convert into buyers when they see any positive feedback on your website.
So, it is the necessity of time to hire a professional content moderator who will tackle all the issues related to content on your business website or any other profile. This moderator will help you secure your platform by deleting all harmful content by scanning the inappropriate content. It will engage the users by applying different tactics and also help in generating more sales. Besides all this, you also have to set the guidelines related to user content and form fill from users to agree with all terms and conditions. If they still post something dangerous for your business or the other customers, then delete this content instantly. By applying all these practices, the other users will remain on your website for a long time and benefit your business.
Tech1 year ago
6 Tips to Improving E-Commerce Websites
Home2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of Village Life in Points
Travel2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantage of Travelling
Sports7 months ago
The benefits of playing an online live casino
Tech2 years ago
Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Offline Shopping
Tech2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of Globalization Full Essay
Tech2 years ago
8+ Advantages and Disadvantages of Motorcycle |Having Bike
Tech2 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of PDF File Format