A truck accident is one of the most terrifying experiences anyone can undergo on the road. These huge vehicles can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and cars can be destroyed beyond repair during a truck accident.
While truck drivers must prove competence and maintain multiple certifications in order to drive these massive vehicles, accidents still happen. When they do, it’s important to have an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side to ensure that you receive all of the compensation to which you are entitled by Personal Injury Orem.
What Makes Truck Accidents Different from Car Accidents?
Truck accidents are tricky situations to navigate. This is due to many issues specific to truck accidents such as determining who is at fault:
- The Truck Driver. Many people assume that the driver of the truck is solely responsible in a truck accident. While this certainly can be the case, often times they are only partially responsible and the fault lies with other parties as well.
- The Owner of the Truck. The person who owns the truck may hold some responsibility for any accidents that occur if they didn’t properly vet their driver, didn’t perform required repairs on the truck, or made any other oversights.
- The Company Who Loaded the Truck. If the truck was improperly loaded, an accident could result due to shifting cargo during transit. In this case, the loading company could be at least partially responsible for the accident in question.
- The Truck Manufacturer. When a part of the truck fails, the responsibility may lie with the truck manufacturer. This is something that can only be determined with close inspection, and a qualified truck accident lawyer can help ensure that this inspection is performed properly.
I’ve Been Involved in a Truck Accident, What Should I Do?
Before you pursue any legal action, the most important step is to seek medical attention. Not only will your doctor make sure that you haven’t suffered any injuries that need to be addressed, the documentation from the physician can prove invaluable, should your case need to go to court.
After you’ve seen your doctor, the next appropriate step is to contact a truck accident lawyer. Truck accident lawyers can help you in a number of ways including:
- Collecting Evidence from the Scene of the Accident. Because truck accidents produce so much evidence, it can be overwhelming to attempt to gather all of this evidence on your own. Your lawyer will know exactly what to do and what evidence to look for after the accident.
- Contacting the Appropriate Parties. There are a number of people who will need to be contacted after a truck accident such as the involved insurance companies and witnesses to the accident. Your lawyer can handle this part of the process or at least advise you on who you should speak to and when.
- Advising You on When and If you Should Accept a Settlement Offer. Insurance companies will attempt to settle your case as quickly as possible and for as little money as possible. Your lawyer will ensure that you don’t sign any agreements before you are fully healed or and/or fully compensated.
Tech2 years ago
6 Tips to Improving E-Commerce Websites
Home3 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of Village Life in Points
Travel3 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantage of Travelling
Sports2 years ago
The benefits of playing an online live casino
Tech3 years ago
Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Offline Shopping
Health3 years ago
Advantages and Disadvantages of Milk
Tech3 years ago
10+ Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Phones in Points
Tech3 years ago
8+ Advantages and Disadvantages of Motorcycle |Having Bike